And what a relief it is.
It was really interesting coming back to the first chapter to add a few pages here and there to improve page layouts, the pacing, and made some minor improvements to the dialogue!
It was very difficult not to do it, but I managed to leave most of the anatomy mistakes I noticed in - if I made an effort to start fixing things up I'd never stop - and also I wouldn't be able to look back and reflect on what strides I've made since.
What was fun was noticing that at some point I had switched from the 'Cross' toning layer mode to 'Line' for Horos' hair - I've added it to the editing list to make sure that it's all brought back to cross - as I think it looks better than the line mode. My guess is that it happened during one of the burnout phases in late 2019 or summer 2020.
When I first started making the pages for The Final Lullaby, I had a 'it'll take as long as it takes' mentality - which you will be able to see in the outdoor scenes in Walpurgis Night, as compared to say, 'Vampire Hunt' and 'Loveshack'. Though, it's quite fun to see a little bit of a change in care with facial anatomy in the 2nd half of Walpurgis Night - I believe that I sped things up a bit to publish the 'Walpurgis Night Pilot' for Thought Bubble 2019. Then, following the kickstarter, I really needed to ramp up the rate (made easier by going fully self-employed) - but it been helpful for getting a good routine into place!
Not long to go on Volume 2's pages either - just two chapters - somewhere around 40-44 pages depending on how the pacing goes from script to page!